Who we are
Faulu Microfinance Bank is a member of Old Mutual Limited (OML) and a subsidiary of The Old Mutual East Africa Group.
It is a limited liability company duly incorporated in Kenya under the Companies Act and is regulated by The Central Bank of Kenya. Faulu is a member of The Kenya Bankers’ Association (KBA) and the Association of Microfinance Institutions (AMFI). It has a strong heritage of over 30 years and has been recognized as the leading Microfinance bank in Kenya.
The bank vision is to be our customers’ most trusted lifetime partner, passionate about helping them achieve their financial goals. And, by helping generations achieve those goals, help build the financial prosperity of the societies, businesses, and shareholders we engage with.
The bank offers customers a full array of financial services that include Banking, Investment, Savings, and Insurance with special reference to Community, Retail, MSME, Institutional Banking segments and Bancassurance.
Get to know more about us
Get to know our leaders as well as our initiatives to uplift our communities.
To be our customers’ most trusted lifetime partner, passionate about helping them achieve their financial goals. And, by helping generations achieve those goals, help build the financial prosperity of the societies, businesses and shareholders we engage with.
1. The Lordship of Jesus Christ - We believe in Teamwork and our actions demonstrate Love, Care, Compassion, Commitment, Excellence and service
2. Always Act with Integrity - We always act and behave according to the highest ethical and moral standards. The integrity of relationships and value real opinions and honest feedback.
3. The Power of Diversity and Inclusion - We believe that only through actively using our diversity do we maximise the potential of our ideas, talents and culture.
4. Trust & Accountability - We trust those who are accountable to honour their commitments and keep their promises, as we keep our own to each other, our customers and our shareholders.
5. Respect for Each Other & Communities We Serve - Let’s demonstrate through our actions and attitudes our respect for the feelings, rights and ambitions of others. We will be clear on the decision rights for everything we do, and respect and align around those that hold them.
6. Champion the Customer - We listen to our customers and actively put them, their needs and ambitions at the forefront of everything we do to help them become their exceptional best
7. Agile Innovation That Makes a Difference - We will unlock opportunities through the pace and urgency with which we approach them, as much as the size of the opportunity itself.
The company changed its name to Faulu Microfinance Bank in February 2015 from Faulu Kenya Deposit Taking Microfinance (DTM) Limited. In May 2009, Faulu became the first registered DTM in Kenya under the Micro-Finance Act and is regulated by the CBK. Faulu Microfinance Bank was founded by Food for the Hungry International (FHI), a Christian relief organization, Loan scheme program that targeted the economically active poor in Mathare.
From its humble roots as a loan scheme in 1991, Faulu is currently one of the top Micro Finance Banks in Kenya and have successfully developed a platform aimed at banking the previously unbanked through a variety of savings, credit, micro-insurance and mobile banking solutions. Faulu Microfinance Bank has demonstrated a track record of enviable growth in its assets and loan book.
The bank has grown tremendously over the last 30 years from a single MFI office in 1991 to over 57 service outlets which include 49 banking and two (2) Marketing Offices in 32 out of 47 Counties in Kenya. Faulu Microfinance Bank has created a strong brand in the Banking Industry and continues to strengthen its presence in the market. The bank envisions to be a market leader through diversified products, wider distribution networks, strategic partnerships and affordable pricing.