What is Goods in Transit Cover?
Ensure you are fully covered when transporting your goods. Our policy provides cover for loss or damage of goods while in transit consequent upon collision to or overturning of the conveying vehicles.
What's in it for you?
- This policy provides cover for loss or damage of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy
- This policy is ideal for transport companies, individual transporters and logistics companies involved in the transportation of letters or packages
How does it work?
The insured is required to periodically provide the insurer with:
- The general description of the goods covered
- The maximum value payable under the policy
- The value of any one consignment
Want to know more about Goods in Transit Cover?If you want to know more, we've answered some questions for you.
- Willful misconduct of the insured
- Ordinary leakage, loss in weight, wear and tear of goods
- Insufficient packing, inadequate storage in a container, inherent vice, or goods deterioration caused by delay
- Insolvency or financial default of the owners, managers and so on, of the vessel
- Loss or damage due to nuclear weapons/radiations
- Loss due to unseaworthiness of the vessel
- Consequential loss
Some types of loss are not insured. The main exclusions are loss or damage caused by: