What is Crop Insurance?
What's in it for you?
This is purchased by agricultural producers, including farmers and ranchers to protect themselves against either the loss of their crops due to natural disasters such as hail, drought and floods or loss of revenue due to a decline in the prices of agricultural commodities.
How does it work?
This cover protects your farm crops against various perils such as losses due to adverse weather conditions, barn fire, uncontrollable pests, theft etc. The sum insured can be the farmer's input costs, output (expected yield) or both.
Want to know more about Crop Insurance?We've answered some questions you might have about the cover.
- Deterioration of crop and product quality due to interruption of work or any process accidents.
- Consequential loss due to delay in harvesting, detention or confiscation of produce or equipment
- Error in pesticide application and failure to adhere to recommendation on application procedures.
- Completed application form and payment of premium
- Crop emergence/establishment report conducted by the insurer
All crop losses as a result of non-insured perils: