What is Contractors All Risk Cover?
What's in it for you?
This policy is ideal for civil engineers, construction companies in property development and maintenance of bridges, roads, dams, sewerage and other infrastructural erection.
- Machinery Breakdown Insurance
- Machinery breakdown insurance provides cover against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage to the insured machinery.
This covers the cost of repairing or replacing indemnifiable breakdowns or losses to machinery.
How does it work?
- Material damage covers: This covers the insured against unforeseen physical loss or damage to the construction works from any cause other than those specifically excluded.
- Legal liability cover - Covers the insured against any sums which the insured shall become liable to pay for damages resulting from property damage and accidental bodily injury to third parties.
Want to know more about Contractors All Risk Cover?The questions below will give you more insight into the product.
- Wars and invasion
- Radioactive contamination
- Cessation of work whether total or partial
- Consequential loss of any kind such as penalties and losses due to delay
- Loss or damage due to faulty design
- Loss of or damage to vehicles licensed for general road use or waterborne vessels or aircraft
- Loss of or damage to files, drawings, accounts, bills, currency, stamps, deeds, evidence of debt, notes, securities and cheques
- Loss or damage discovered only at the time of taking an inventory
- Wear and tear and corrosion
Some of the perils not covered include:
Accidental loss of or damage to property belonging to third parties occurring in direct connection with the construction works